Amaranthine Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Destination

2 posters

Go down

Final Destination Empty Final Destination

Post by Luxa Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:30 am

Having filed with the USSR for a meeting and informed them of the approach the HLS Vanguard would arrive in Leningrad. This was intended to be the final stop on it's tour of the world. The Lord Protector prepared himself for a meeting with the Soviets. The British and the Soviets had always had an "interesting" relationship. As such he went in with little knowledge on what to expect from the Soviet representatives.
Luxa
Luxa

Back to top Go down

Final Destination Empty Re: Final Destination

Post by Markus Wilding Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:31 am

The Lord Protector was met in Leningrad by an honor guard from the 14th Guards Motor Rifles and the Red Army Band and Choir, performing the British national anthem as the Lord Protector stepped off the ship. Waiting for him on land was Minister of Foreign Affairs Evgeniy Mihaylov, who extended a hand in an offer to shake as Pravda cameras clicked around them, capturing the monumental occasion forever. "Lord Protector," Evgeniy said in accented English, "It is an honor to receive you in Leningrad. I have been told that you have been making a world tour in this very ship, and I must say I am impressed. As I understand the travel, you must be tired - please, I have arranged for you to stay in the Menshikov Palace, truly an estate fitting a man of your stature. I invite you to stay overnight, partake in Leningrad's nightlife if you so choose, and we will begin discussions between our nations tomorrow afternoon at the General Staff Building."
Markus Wilding
Markus Wilding

Nation
Nation Name: Сою́з Сове́тских Социалисти́ческих Респу́блик

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxa Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:00 pm

"It is an honor to be here. It has been a long trip and I must say that I would be glad to take up your offer. Battleships don't exactly have the most comforting quarters. I would honored to partake in Leningrad's nightlife but I do believe that I will sadly have to stay out of it. Even now I'm at work. I look forward to when we can talk in earnest tomorrow."

The next day Snow made his way to the General staff Building. It was finally time for official diplomatic talks to begin. The USSR had been a valuable ally during the war, though only as an alliance born of convenience. As such he went to the meeting with a positive spirit. The meeting, at least, would be interesting, even if it wasn't productive.
Luxa
Luxa

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus Wilding Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:38 pm

The next day, Lord Protector Snow was greeted at the General Staff Building by a collection of various Leningrad police and Red Army servicemen, all committed to ensuring that no harm befell the foreign dignitary on his visit. "Welcome to the General Staff Building," Mihaylov said after Snow had passed through the various checkpoints and into the meeting room, "I hope it was not too cumbersome to get inside - one can never be too careful, you know." Inviting Snow to take a seat as he did so himself, Mihaylov continued, "I must admit that the last time Soviet and British officials met, it was on less than favorable circumstances for both sides. It is my hope, and the hope of Moscow, that we can look past previous incidents and disagreements, and come to new agreements that suit both of us. All of that said, what is it that the Soviet Union can do for your people, Lord Protector?"
Markus Wilding
Markus Wilding

Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxa Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:28 pm

"It has been fine thank you. Now as for what the USSR can do for us the answer is simple. We wish to negotiate trade agreements with the USSR. Sadly I don't think the people of Britain are ready for more alliances on Europe. Twice war has ravaged it in less than 100 years. We don't want to commit ourselves any more than we have too."
Luxa
Luxa

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus Wilding Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:57 am

"Understandable. Well, the Soviet Union can offer a variety of timber and lumber products and limited grain exports - we must feed our people first, after all. I am sure you understand. Unless, of course, there is something more specific that Britain is seeking?"
Markus Wilding
Markus Wilding

Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxa Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:01 pm

"That's acceptable. We have no specific trades right now as we don't know what to expect of the future. Now something else that is important is the exchange of embassies. We would like to reopen the British Embassy."
Luxa
Luxa

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus Wilding Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:18 pm

"I see. Well, perhaps we can sign a basic trade agreement to lower tariffs and customs taxes, and then review the terms at a later date...say a year from now? In regards to the British Embassy, that can be arranged. I will call Moscow and see that it is renovated and repaired to fit your need. Is there anything else we need to discuss here, Lord Protector?"
Markus Wilding
Markus Wilding

Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxa Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:05 am

"That works for me. I have no pressing concerns, however I would like to ask, what are your plans for the future? I ask because I would rather not see violence erupt in Europe so soon after the last war and I know you border a reformed Tsardom in the South."
Luxa
Luxa

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus Wilding Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:20 am

"You must understand, Lord Protector, I cannot divulge all the intentions and plans of Moscow. To do so would risk...a most unwanted fate, shall we say. Rather. I can inform you that Moscow does plan to unite all former republics with the Soviet Union, through any means as necessary, and we do not seek violence with any former republic or with the Tsar to the south, but we will respond in kind if we are attacked. I hope that answers your question, Lord Protector."
Markus Wilding
Markus Wilding

Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxa Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:56 am

"It does and I apologize, I should have been more clear on what I meant. As it stands I wish you luck on reuniting the former Republics. I also wish you luck on recovering from the war. I know that your people suffered some of the worst fighting in the entire war."
Luxa
Luxa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum