Amaranthine Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

French Fourth Republic

3 posters

Go down

French Fourth Republic Empty French Fourth Republic

Post by Euphaia Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:43 am

*Charles de Gaulle would arrive at the podium, in front of thousands of French supporters, who would rise to give him a standing ovation. Upon a closer look at de Gaulle, it would become clear that his health is not what it once was. He had for the past six months been only minimally involved with government affairs, instead mostly entrusting a close advisor to represent him and his wishes to the other members of France's government; now, those that watched de Gaulle take his place at the podium could see why. De Gaulle has visibly lost some of his vitality, had bloodshot eyes, a visible cough, and looked a bit paler than usual. As he begun to speak, those listening could also tell that his voice was somewhat hoarse and not as strong as it had been in previous speeches.*

"Thank you, my friends. It is a pleasure to be able to be here to speak to you today.

Over the past half decade, France has made great strides in rebounding from the Second World War. Under my guidance, France's economy is once again vibrant and thriving; it's military once again strong."

*This would elicit a strong applause from those gathered.*

"France has come far, yet, there still remains much to be done; much that I wish - and would like - to accomplish..."

*more applause*

"I would like to accomplish, but due to declining health, I no longer feel in a strong enough position to contribute towards in the way that France so deserves.

So it is on this day that - without further ado - I am hereby announcing both my official retirement from public office, and my hand-picked successor - Minister Desmond Leblanc."

*Charles De Gaulle would then step aside and take a seat a few feet behind the podium, as Desmond stepped up to take his place at the podium.*

"Thank you, Charles, my friend. While it is with a somewhat heavy heart to see such a man as Charles have to leave the government, I will do my best to fill the void that he will leave. Filling Charles' shoes will be no easy feat to accomplish. I have known him for a long time, and served with him in the government ever since the end of the Second World War, and in that time, I've come to know him very well, and come to greatly respect his political opinions, decisions, and reasoning. While I may not have agreed with him some of the time, I had found that a good majority of the time that we did agree. With that in mind, I believe that I will be able for the most part to carry on where Charles' is leaving off.

It is my great honor and great privilege to accept Charles' nomination, and to serve the great nation of France - and it's great people - in the capacity of standing President of France, and it is my great hope that when you cast your ballot in eight weeks, that you will allow me to continue to serve as your President. Thank you."

Euphaia

Back to top Go down

French Fourth Republic Empty Re: French Fourth Republic

Post by Mergerberger Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:18 am

The Commonwealth of America extends its recognition to the French Fourth Republic and requests an audience with its oldest ally.
Mergerberger
Mergerberger

Back to top Go down

Post by Gray_Area Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:02 pm

The North Pacific Federation extends congratulations and well wishes to the French Republic.
Gray_Area
Gray_Area

Nation
Nation Name: North Pacific Federation

Back to top Go down

Post by Euphaia Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:12 am

Mergerberger wrote:The Commonwealth of America extends its recognition to the French Fourth Republic and requests an audience with its oldest ally.

"Granted."

Euphaia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum