Amaranthine Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Country Concepts and History Cooperation

+2
PresidentDavid
Kasumi
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Country Concepts and History Cooperation Empty Country Concepts and History Cooperation

Post by Kasumi Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:58 pm

You can post country concepts here, as well as try to coordinate the history of countries, so it overall makes sense. Map will get posted later, but in general, you can kind of think about what you want and state it here, so it can be taken into consideration by others.
Kasumi
Kasumi

Nation
Nation Name: Finoa

Back to top Go down

Country Concepts and History Cooperation Empty Re: Country Concepts and History Cooperation

Post by PresidentDavid Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:27 am

A very cold, but somewhat expansive, region similar to Skyrim. It has its mountainous parts perhaps on the east or west, but it also has plenty of valleys and flatlands where most of the people live. There is an abundance of coastal lands, but there is nothing even close to resembling a tropical climate in the region - in fact the coastal areas easily see snow in the cold months just as the interior of the region. There are some moderate to small sized islands off the coast of the region. This cold, southern part of the world is largely shrouded in mystery because of its isolationist tendencies. What is known is that its hardy people are deeply devout and superstitious.
PresidentDavid
PresidentDavid

Back to top Go down

Country Concepts and History Cooperation Empty Re: Country Concepts and History Cooperation

Post by Mr Director Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:33 am

Germans. Russians. Autocracy. The Empire of Leiden. Yeah that's all I got right now, really. A good amount of industrialization.
Mr Director
Mr Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasumi Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:34 am

Dunno what da Skyrim is, never played it, lol. Care to explain?

MrDirector, you're pretty brief.
Kasumi
Kasumi

Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Director Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:50 am

Yes, it is pretty brief, because I need to see the final map to see what sort of land I can pick up before deciding how my nation turned out Razz

Also, I'm pretty sure PD just means 'Scandinavia, with more magic."
Mr Director
Mr Director

Back to top Go down

Post by PresidentDavid Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:51 am

Kasumi wrote:Dunno what da Skyrim is, never played it, lol. Care to explain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2OmDOdPSeY
PresidentDavid
PresidentDavid

Back to top Go down

Post by EndlessVoid Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:35 am

An isolated island nation, built upon Ley-lines where magic is thick and mages are plentiful.
Strong wizarding community and well developed naval industry, but next to no trained ground army.
EndlessVoid
EndlessVoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasumi Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:58 am

Mr Director wrote:Yes, it is pretty brief, because I need to see the final map to see what sort of land I can pick up before deciding how my nation turned out Razz

You could work on your culture, you silly.
PresidentDavid wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2OmDOdPSeY
Why not just say Norway?
EndlessVoid wrote:An isolated island nation, built upon Ley-lines where magic is thick and mages are plentiful.
Strong wizarding community and well developed naval industry, but next to no trained ground army.
You get as much magic proportionate to population as the rest. Mages are a scarce ressource. Make the best of them.
Kasumi
Kasumi

Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Director Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:13 am

[quote="Kasumi"]
Mr Director wrote:Yes, it is pretty brief, because I need to see the final map to see what sort of land I can pick up before deciding how my nation turned out Razz

PresidentDavid wrote:

Why not just say Norway?
EndlessVoid wrote:An isolated island nation, built upon Ley-lines where magic is thick and mages are plentiful.
You get as much magic proportionate to population as the rest. Mages are a scarce ressource. Make the best of them.

Oh, well, like I said, they're gonna be some kinda German/Russian lulzy mashup. Socially conservative population with an autocratic government(probably a monarchy). Some rural areas still pretty much have serfdom, cities tend to be better off. Religion-wise, they're pretty much Catholics, though I imagine Catholicism in this world would be somewhat different.
Mr Director
Mr Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxa Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:15 am

I'd like to do a nation similar to Great Britain.  It'd be a naval power that rarely interacts with the continent beyond saying that it will not interfere with the continent.  I'd also like to work with some people and see if we could work out a few cases where it does get involved in the continent, blockades and raids and such.  It'd also be an Monarchy of sorts, not sure if I want Constitutional or Absolute. It'd have it's own religion and for the most part be content with sitting by itself, though it would have a past history of flexing it's naval might and would be willing to do such again.
Luxa
Luxa

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasumi Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:18 am

Mr Director wrote:
Kasumi wrote:

PresidentDavid wrote:

Why not just say Norway?

Oh, well, like I said, they're gonna be some kinda German/Russian lulzy mashup. Socially conservative population with an autocratic government(probably a monarchy). Some rural areas still pretty much have serfdom, cities tend to be better off. Religion-wise, they're pretty much Catholics, though I imagine Catholicism in this world would be somewhat different.

lol...Catholicism. Ya know, weird choice of religion, given Russia's orthodox and Prussia was protestant and only South Germany, the Austrian lands and Poland were Catholic. But well, you can work with other people on religion, if ya want there to share religions.
Kasumi
Kasumi

Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Director Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:18 am

Kasumi wrote:
Mr Director wrote:
Kasumi wrote:

PresidentDavid wrote:

Why not just say Norway?

lol...Catholicism. Ya know, weird choice of religion, given Russia's orthodox and Prussia was protestant and only South Germany, the Austrian lands and Poland were Catholic. But well, you can work with other people on religion, if ya want there to share religions.

Just cuz there's Germans doesn't mean they're Prussians.
Mr Director
Mr Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasumi Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:20 am

Well, to most of you, Germans are Prussians. I have yet to see one of you make a German that wasn't influenced by Prussia.
Kasumi
Kasumi

Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Director Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:37 am

Kasumi wrote:Well, to most of you, Germans are Prussians. I have yet to see one of you make a German that wasn't influenced by Prussia.

Right, let's just say that the entire population of Leiden is Generic Old Timey Europeans who do Generic Old Timey European things and like Generic Old Timey European things. With magic. Every so often they might act like Specific Old Timey Europeans, but not so much that someone will feel the need to point out the arbitrary religion I decided to set for them is different from whatever their closest rl equivalent had.
Mr Director
Mr Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasumi Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:47 am

Ya know, Europe's pretty diverse...

Anyway, let's wait for da map.
Kasumi
Kasumi

Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Shave N Haircut Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:48 am

I'm basically going to run French Poland, with a Poland-Lithuania sized area right at the middle bit of the decline. Probably a Republic.

Shave N Haircut

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasumi Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:52 am

Shave N Haircut wrote:I'm basically going to run French Poland, with a Poland-Lithuania sized area right at the middle bit of the decline. Probably a Republic.
"I'ma run a crossover of one of the most centralised states of this time and one of the least centralised states of this time."
Kasumi
Kasumi

Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Shave N Haircut Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:52 pm

Kasumi wrote:
Shave N Haircut wrote:I'm basically going to run French Poland, with a Poland-Lithuania sized area right at the middle bit of the decline. Probably a Republic.
"I'ma run a crossover of one of the most centralised states of this time and one of the least centralised states of this time."

Yeah, that's pretty much the size of it.

Shave N Haircut

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasumi Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:32 pm

Will they speak French or Polish? Will it be merde or kurwa? Are they eat baguette or pierogi?
Kasumi
Kasumi

Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Shave N Haircut Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Kasumi wrote:Will they speak French or Polish? Will it be merde or kurwa? Are they eat baguette or pierogi?

Why not both? the Franco-Polish Commonwealth Razz

Shave N Haircut

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasumi Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:00 pm

Well, if you want to.

Personally, I'm mostly thinking of making some country that has for the most part been just a bunch of principalities that united only a short while ago. It has somewhat sizeable territory, but most of it is not too densely settled, with mountains and forests and the agriculture is dominated by landed nobility in their estates, with free farmers only living at the borders and the mountains, where people settled over centuries for incentives like greater freedom and less taxes. The country otherwise is not too poor in ressources, but a bit underdeveloped and unlike some other states, it lacks any colonial holdings.

Overall, the country mostly takes influences from Romania, though not solely, as a country that just recently united and still tries to figure out its destiny and how to matter. For that reason, while not overly aggressive, it has no simply historically defined borders and will be prone to irredentism. If people want, they can have historically incorporated some principalities or taken in settlers.

I'd be happy if there was some major river, along which I can farm.
Kasumi
Kasumi

Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Shave N Haircut Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:16 am

Country Concepts and History Cooperation OVekw9X

The Map

Shave N Haircut

Back to top Go down

Post by EndlessVoid Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Shave N Haircut wrote:Country Concepts and History Cooperation OVekw9X

The Map
Hmmm, nice map, nice map. I like the way the natural borders almost pop out. Just wondering if the bottom left is gonna be filled out and rounded off with a seafront at some point? Or maybe you could start an uninhabitable desert at that point, I don't know. How much land would be each eb able to claim roughly? Also will it be split up completely into player nations, left with some white space for future people, split into a mix of NPC and player nations so future people can take over NPC nations, or do all players start out with a "settler" who starts a City (the capital) at a place on the map , within a selected radius for each person, and then they must conquer or build towns/vilages to extend their influence until borders meet?
If you don't understand what I mean by radius and influence my basic idea is that the map wouldn't just have a bunch of white or nation colour, but you could add in a subtexture denoting rough biodomes, or gerographic qualities. Then resource nodes for rare things like crabs, whales, certain metals etc could be selected by the GM in predertmined areas (withheld from the players) so that towns aren't just spread out perfectly to occupy space, but this way nations can grow according to resources/geographic considerations allowing for a much more organic development I think.
Perhaps also Each player recieves a "National Map" that they share only with the GM showing their villages, minor forts, resources, farms country roads etc. While the public map only displays larger things like General features (such as mountains, forests, hills(so no resources)), major road networks, cities and towns and castles. Then when a village develops enough to be called a town (a threshold population could be selected it pops up on the Public map) but it won't be random and the GM will be able to stop any rule abuse.
Of course we could set up spreadsheets to monitor pop growth in places, with modifiers due to local climate/animals/ geography. So for example a village on a river near a wood and some flat fields and gentle animals in the surrounding would grow much faster than a village at the top of a barren mountain with bears and wolves all around it.
EndlessVoid
EndlessVoid

Back to top Go down

Post by EndlessVoid Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:57 pm

Ohh and considering some of the points in the system above, to allow people the choice of spamming out lots of little villages (think newly industrial 1914 Russia) vs a few much larger towns (the rest of Europe 1914 Razz ) maybe we could add an option where the state can subsidies the purchase of infrastructure so you can invest Gold to build houses, which results in a temporary massive pop boost until those houses are full. Of course this would be used to just start straight into a town as opposed to waiting for a village to develop, which could take ages depending on where it is.
Also about roads and such, major roads (like those between two large cities) could be given names, and provide a big trade bonus to towns and villages which either lie on the road, or at a cross roads (basically simulating trade hubs). This would encourage more inter nation interaction as the bonuses given by a road between two capital cities could be potentially huge. But also dangerous due to the movement speed buff given by such a developed road (roads would of course give different modifiers depending on the quality of construction (infra investment and researc) and what terrain they pass through. IE a road going through flat planes is still easier to travel than a winding road down , or even worse UP, a mountain.
EndlessVoid
EndlessVoid

Back to top Go down

Post by EndlessVoid Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:58 pm

I mean, with my idea it could end up taking a few days or week to fully flesh out nations with a basic set of towns and cities, but I think the advantages to this organic thought out growth pattern would offset the costs due to the advantages in the future. I mean losing a random city which you spawn with, will never be as good as losing a city which you have invested in and watched grow over a few weeks from a village,for instance.
EndlessVoid
EndlessVoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum